Our current vacancies are displayed here. To apply for one of these positions, please send a CV, giving full details of your qualifications and experience to:
Witton Chemical Co Ltd
Tel 01638 716001
Or email your CV to us: email@example.com
The main role is to operate multi-purpose reactors and ancillary equipment used for batch chemical manufacture and achieve the required production output while maintaining agreed standards of safety, quality and yield.
- Organise and carry out the manufacture of batches in accordance with the set written procedures.
- Report to the Team Leader as appropriate to ensure that any changes to production requirements are implemented and that any plant delays or problems are communicated.
- Organise and carry out the packing of non-bulk powders in accordance with the set procedures, in order to maintain Production requirements.
- Organise and carry out the packing of liquids to kegs, drums and IBC’s in accordance with the set procedures, in order to maintain Production requirements.
- Organise and carry out the acceptance and transfer from road tanker to storage vessel of liquid raw materials delivered in bulk in accordance with the set procedures.
- Organise and carry out the release and transfer of bulk finished product or waste from storage vessel to bulk road tanker in accordance with the set procedures.
- Liaison with the Team Leader to ensure that the fork lift truck requirements of the plant are met, i.e. to ensure that the Raw Materials / Intermediates required are available on the plant and that Finished Products are promptly transferred to the designated storage areas.
- Ensure that good standards of housekeeping on the Site are adhered to at all times
- Liaison with Production Management and Engineering to ensure that any equipment breakdowns are reported and rectified as rapidly as possible.
- Ensure that all paperwork associated with manufacture and packing of batches is completed correctly according to Company procedures.
- Ensure that all labelling requirements associated with manufacture and packing of batches is completed according to Company requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be literate, numerate, able to communicate clearly and follow both verbal and written instructions accurately and consistently.
- A formal qualification in science (preferably chemistry), such as a GCSE, A Level, HND or BSc would be an advantage, although experience in a relevant manufacturing industry is fully acceptable. Full training will be given to all successful candidates.
- Preferably some experience of the operational requirements of a manufacturing environment, or an ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of the key issues.
- Preferably some knowledge of COSHH and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Ability to operate, or be trained to operate a counterbalance forklift truck.
Working Pattern – 12 hours shifts – rotating pattern of one week of 4 days (Monday to Thursday) followed by one week of 3 nights (Monday to Wednesday)
Salary – Process Operator salary bands start at 20,000 for Grade 1 rising to 36,000 for Grade 4.
It has been brought to our attention that home-based jobs have been advertised in the name of Witton Chemical on “Craigslist” and other US-centered web-sites. These advertisements are false, and seem to be part of a confidence trick. Genuine vacancies will appear on this page.