A small R&D start-up company developed a portfolio of processes/products. They required a contract manufacturing partner to scale up and manufacture these new materials.
The first project involved:
- Lab and pilot plant scale manufacture of a novel functional polymer.
- Demonstration that material made by Witton using commercial grade raw materials matched the performance of material made in their lab from different suppliers.
- Development of a new test protocol for Quality Control.
- Preparation of costings for potential multi-tonne scale up to determine commercial viability.
The second project involved:
- Lab and pilot plant scale manufacture of a polymer modification
- Iteration of formulation based on differences in physical properties caused by differences in commercial raw material supplies.
- New Quality Control testing regime to meet their requirements.
The third project involved:
- Collaborative assessment of proposed new polymerisation
- Desktop evaluation of availability of raw materials; suitability of process for scale up and commercial viability of project